Monday, January 26, 2009

That first day of full time job...!

At once I thought the time has come that I should stop writing on this blog since the very purpose was to narrate my experiences during my masters. And the laziness and boredom convinced me to an certain extent but then, I had my energizing pack back when I good to meet my bhabhi, elder brother and close friends.
Now since that energy is injected in me, I got to mention the first day of my full time job. I always love it if my day begins by waking up early in morning. While some like twilight, I like to witness dawn (no jokes!). Today, it exactly happened that way. The alarm buzzed at 5:00am…the time around which I get the most beautiful dreams of night! I of course put that on snooze but that was just for 5 minutes! Now, if you have to travel 15 miles by public transport via a route never traveled before, you got to give up sleep…so no second snooze…Now, there is one thing that always surprises me…I always suggest people for advance planning but never do that for my own!!! As you might have guesses (hoping you are my friend :) ), I had to iron my pant, shirt and prepare my bag with all the necessary documents. And hey, I forgot the shower part! I love to take shower for minimum of 15-20 minutes…that’s when I forget about almost everything (besides my own body ;) ). Anyways, so I left at around 6:25 with all the new clothes which I just shopped yesterday (see…no planning) hoping that I will catch a train scheduled to arrive at station at 6:41 and station is 20 minutes walk from my place :) . Wait wait my friend..I didn’t mention about the free bus service here in Phoenix…man that made me reach within three minutes…that unfortunately gave me enough time to be loyal and buy a rail ticket (I miss my days in India of boarding a train without a ticket!)…hey…I think I forgot to mention about the wind of this morning and the temperature…it was such a pleasant and cool weather that I was actually convinced of walking for 20 mins till station but saw the bus following me and couldn’t deny my crying legs for relief .
The day at office started of with a very very beautiful lady (company’s HR, you can actually call her angel!)…some times you really wish that even your day dreams come true :) …don’t you ;) …anyways, so we finished everything in half an hour…and by everything, I just mean the documentation…and then I got to meet a person who inspired me the most during my internship…yes…one of my role models…and again it was a day of accumulating his acumen…his wise words…man…I just feel like listening to his advices all day long…afternoon turned out to be a little boring when I started thinking of things/ppl that I shouldn’t…so time to call loved ones…I love doing kidas while at work…and first day need not be different ;) …well…that went on for about an hour till the time when I got that email from that inspiring man walking the whole different about the tough economic phase that lies ahead of the company and what role is Manish going to play in helping the company to face that crunchy situation. Man, his words brought me to my feet and I got on track with email after email trying to catch hold of people for interviews. I finally ended the day at around 5:00pm knowing that it will take me 1 hr 30 mins to get home. I must admit that Phoenix’s light rail is awesome…I had so much fun sitting and returning in that day…I could witness the beauty of the city and surrounding areas (which I couldn’t in the morning because of the early morning’s darkness)…everything looks so beautiful when one is at very comfortable position…I could just think of myself and where am I headed in my career…
All in all….the day gave me enough reasons to keep smiling…may be I am just born to smile and make others smile…one of those beautiful days of my life…I love it being like this…more later…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude - That was an awesome experience....Hope you achieve your goals and gain wonderful experience. Here is your friend wishing you the very best in career and life :)

Regards,
Chandrasekhar.

Unknown said...

So, you accepted the Phoenix job in this poor economic time...??
I watch those buses, those light rail thingies driving past my brother's house downtown. Quiet and smooth and pretty reliable, they appear.

Best wishes.