Saturday, July 19, 2008

Becoming an year old baby...!

Well for most it may not mean much and even I had almost forgotten until an evening where I got enough time to be retrospective and walk through my past for a while. It indeed is an amazing feeling to have completed an year in United States specially for the approach that has radically changed (at least I feel so) towards life.

There are lots of things that happened in my life and I am sure to miss few of those. But again, the amazing part of blogs (or any application for that matter) is the ability to revisit things and modify those the way you want. Anyways, lets get to the business.

So what is it that is worth a mention? Well, the thing that makes me feel honored is the realization that everyone plays a role in maintaining the smooth ecology. I learned the importance of learning and sharing in individual's life. I learned that every individual has one thing or the other to teach me and thus worthy of a respect as a teacher. I learned to see bigger picture of businesses while still tickling down to narrower details to ensure successful operations.
Besides this pool of positive things, I also learned few things which I feel are negative. I learned to stay alone, away from family, and still be happy! While at one instance I loved to be completely independent, at the other, I realized the importance of showing dependence on others even though you aren't. Well, believe me, that is what many people like to believe. I learned that many people (specially Indians) doesn't make good lasting friends as they a little mean. I learned to be optimist and expect from people which at times made me pay heavy duties!

Everything said, it is very important to learn to love, learn to share, learn to respect individuals, learn to receptive to others' ideas and opinion and make an effort to justify those individuals thinking differently from what you think, learn to be a team player, learn to walk towards success with abilities that each individual has. Any organization succeeds only if it realizes the fact that sustainability is achieved through people, processes and technology. By that I of course don't mean of having any herd of people, any broken processes or any out-dated technology. There infact are very few people who understand and attach appropriate adjective to above items to yield better & profitable business.

Before I started writing this, I wanted this blog to be highly emotional, but I think I dived to much of the practicality! But ya, those 15+ hours per day on laptops to manage your student life kind of takes you away from relationships. At least in my case, it stood so. Everything that makes sense would then be just money. Well thats indeed the reason why many of us fly to States, isn't it? But hey, every achievement has some sacrifice behind it. It ultimately then boils down to individuals' decision on how (s)he wants to move ahead. So ya, one definitely learns to make concrete, sound decision based on facts learned through others which effectively is strong decisions with others help. To me, thats life! Life of keep the continual momentum towards enthusiastically learning from others walking along the goal oriented path without keeping room for any digression. But ask people who went on to become, CEOs, MDs and other high rank positions and some ideas of those individuals' will align well with the ideas presented in this blog...

OK...No more writing...Thanks for being good audience...If you happen to land in US (and are Indian), you will miss India after some time...specially relations...or rather strong and trust-worthy relations...

No comments: