Friday, May 2, 2008

Everything in world has a dimension to analyze!

Now this might look like a thread triggered after taking Business Intelligence class, but believe me the roots are much much older and deeper.

Dimensions-Something that helps us analyze several business facts in context of certain attributes. Well thats a typical definition that everyone finds in BI, Data Warehouse classes. But how can we extend this approach to human beings? Let me give it a shot...

Lets try building a complete star schema for a human being (I will of course skip the attributes). I am proposing a completely new design for star schema because of the complexity involved with the human beings. Let the 'human behavior' be the factless fact table surrounded by several facts such as nature, failures, achievements, recognitions & of course time. While nature will be a slowly changing dimension and thus cannot be the reason for sudden drastic change in the human behavior. However, the other 3 dimensions are highly volatile and may occur in person's life in any frequency and in any order.

Our purpose for this schema is to analyze the change in the human behavior over a period of time depending upon his/her failures, achievements and recognitions he/she gets in the society. I am sure that you are inching closer in shaping your thoughts to what my analysis and conclusion would be. But I think this a predictive behavior of human as a species. Everyone is affected by these dimensions and this brings change in their behavior. But I am looking towards formulating a schema for a mankind that remains polite and humble despite all odds of achievements and failures. I am probably unable to shape my mind to figure out the dimensions which can lead to drastic change in the mood of humble people!

So, in case you are satisfied with the above analysis, do help me to find out the schema and specially the dimensions I am looking for...

No comments: